I created Dave, my imaginary friend, to reach each child, by playing his own special tune.
1. I come from a big family, the youngest child of four.
2. Steven and I create products that bring our clinical experience to the home, treating young children in the frame of the family.
3. My Dad fought in WWII and lost a limb. He couldn’t find it, yet he felt it for the next 50 years suffering excruciating phantom pain.
4. My Dad became a professor of mechanics who worked at NASA developing solid fuel for space ships.
5. My Dad is my inspiration.
6. Our team caters imperfection (…physical and mental…). Our motto is Self-acceptance, deal with problems, and develop a sense of well-being through entertaining stories and interactive games.
7. My Mom’s an artist after dabbling in jewelry, drawing, she settled on photography. A short attention span’s haven .. a click and you’re done.
8. Our Two Tuba Switch book and set of toys product, got a prestige award by Ableplay to be a perfect fit for kids with special needs (from ADD to I can do).
9. My childhood’s food aversions –any drink aside for water, jelly, eggplant, peanut-butter, avocado & salad (unless served at our neighbor’s).
10. I have tactile hypersensitivity – corduroy, Styrofoam, cardboard, sand…and washing the dishes…
11. Pets – cats, dogs, porcupines, birds, lice.
12. We have a dog called Juno. It is an Alaskan Malamute.
13. Near death experience – Drowning in a swimming pool at the age of 5.
14. I have a terrible fear of heights.
15. Reading texts – Long wordy passages never sunk in.
16. I’m a shy person.
17. I love to write.
18. The books I write are easy to read and humorous.
19. Love animals - Bsc & Msc in Biology.
20. Love cooking and eating - Bsc in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics.
21. Love to sleep – PhD in Medical and Sleep Research.
22.Love to know How – Trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Coaching, Play therapy, Group therapy counseling, Emotional Eating Therapy.
23.Love people – clinical nutritionist and sleep advisor specializing in behavior modification and empowerment.
24. Our products are all about helping children overcome daily challenges – from shyness and responsibilities to healthy eating and good communication.
25. Couldn’t & wouldn’t – sleep away from home, carry a tune, throw a Frisbee, make my room, marry a red hair guy.
26. Love life – married to a red hair man for the past 24 years.
27. He is not that red headed any more… temper remains.
28. Love Kids – I have 3 girls born in the same month of September (1996, 1999, and 2000)
29. That’s the only thing they have in common.
30. We believe that by helping kids learn that the ability to overcome their daily challenges is within themselves…we`re teaching them to discover their own- special SUPER POWERS!
31. My closest friends today are still my childhood friends.
32. I live near my childhood friends.
33. I treat women, families and kids with eating challenges.
34. Steven treats children and families in his Center for child and Family Development in NJ.
35. Steven and I are creating products that help parents reduce tension, by giving them tools and guidance to face social and emotional issues.
36. I have never traveled to South America. I do want to visit.
37. I recently replaced my 20 year`s old car.
38. My 20 year`s old car is still parked in my garage.
39. I’m left handed.
40. I do not love sports…doing, watching, talking…
41. My husband LOVEs sports… doing, watching, talking…
42. I have never been stopped by a law enforcement officer while driving, not that I haven’t deserved it.
43. I generally care what other people think of me.
44. I love movies of all kinds, television series and all other motion pictures.
45. My favorite restaurants are judged on their dessert menus.
46. I hate having my photo taken.
47. We are not a toy company that hires child experts; we are child experts that formed a toy company.
48. If you ask me for help, I’ll most likely help.
49. Never want to lose – the child in me.
50. We are small enough to care, yet big enough to deliver.
51. Fun factor is our main venue to deliver.